Welcome to Nepal Village Foundation (NVF) website. NVF is a London based small grassroots organisation. We work very closely with local NGOs and groups to improve the livelihoods of Dalits and the poorest in rural villages of Nepal. We do this by creating sustainable livelihood opportunities, education and trainings for capacity development.
Nepal is one of the poorest countries in south East Asia where more than half of the population live under the poverty line. In the rural parts of Nepal average life expectancy is about 56 years for men and 54 years for women. Nepal is only country in the world where women die before men. More than seventy five percent of women are illiterate and girls are unmotivated to go school for various reasons, such as cultural and economical.
Therefore Nepal Village Foundation is focusing on empowering women, educating girls, improving health, sanitation, supporting farmers to grow better and more diverse crops and promoting eco-tourism for economic development.
Money Value in Nepal
- £10 buys four mosquito nets to prevent two families from Malaria
- £20 buys a year’s study materials for a girl
- £50 keeps a girl in school for a whole year
- £100 provides a pump for clean drinking water for five families
- £200 builds a toilet for a small family
- £500 pays to provide a capacity development training to manage project
- £5000 builds a pukka (brick) house for a family